Monday, July 26, 2010

9-8-1941 E Pace to Mr Orville J Pace

9-8-1941 E Pace to Mr Orville J Pace

Envelope:

Mr. Orville J. Pace

409 Herbert St

Cedartown, Ga.

Return:

E. Pace

return to

Georgia Power Company

McLemoresville,

Postmark: 9-8-1941 McLemoresville, TENN.

At Home

Monday Morning

Dear Orville –

We left about 10 min after you did yesterday morning. The trip did not seem so long. One girl and I were the only ones to Nashville. We talked quite a bit. I enjoyed her. She is from Oklahoma city and a Junior at O.U. At Nashville the car became quite crowded.

Mama & Papa had been looking forward to you coming. I thought they would get my card Friday but it was Sat aft before it came so they already had plans made for you. For instance Pape & Mr. Adams included you in their fishing trip – they had waited until you would be here – They left about 3:30 this a.m. for Pickwick Dam – Also Papa had planned for you to do some work on his starter at the gin. They have already ginned 28 bales. I told them you were waiting to see how Brooklyn came out - & planned to go to the Series if they won. Papa volunteered that they were in the lead so you see you have him keeping up with it. I notice this a.m they are now 3 games ahead. Mama said she didn’t blame you for going & that if she were me she would hide my head & if she couldn’t live on “nothing” whil you were gone as I had been so much expense lately. Anyway we all hope you can make the trip – so save your money so you can.

Rebecca & Uncle Ewin & Janice came down last night. Uncle Ewin is going to try to go to work on the Paris project – if not then he is going to remodel Thoburn’s hosue. He bought it Saturday for he said he didn’t think it wise to build & got a bargain in it – also intends to add to it & rent an apartment.

Please remember all instructions and that I love you-

Evelyn

Attached sheet:

Instruction Sheet

Be sure to deposit all of the check that you do not need at once. You can keep about $5 to tide you over for your meals. I have already mailed (today) the following checks in order that they will reach there before the books close –

Standard Oil 6.60

Sinclair 1.84

Davison 6.93

Richs 5.00

I am sending checks to you for Moore’s (made out for 11.00 I think it is 10.98 or about – By the way I already have about 14 nickels and 17 pennies for you) because you wanted them to be sure to get it by 21st.

If something happens you decide for me to stay on I will mail the rest of the checks to you & you can mail from there. I want to pay Mark a lot this time for I have missed him entirely the last two pay days – so be sure to deposit it – Also Dr. McGehee & several little bills must come – (Have your shoes from Sears come yet?)

Note: The check to Moore’s Pharmacy was never sent. It remains attached to the “Instruction Sheet”

No comments:

Post a Comment