Monday, July 26, 2010

9-15-1941 E Pace to Mr Orville J Pace

9-15-1941 E Pace to Mr Orville J Pace

Envelope:

Mr. Orville J. Pace

409 Herbert St

Cedartown, Ga.

Return:

Return to

Georgia Power Company

Georgia

After five days

Postmark: 9-15-1941 Paris, TENN.

Sunday A.M.

Dear Orville –

Has it been a long week for you? I wonder the condition of the apartment. I have missed you very much and wished many times to have been there to do certain things that need to be done. However I have enjoyed the week here. I have felt just fine – everything here has been quiet.

It was right funny about our missionary meeting – we took our lunch & 3 other ladies & went Wed morning. Cousin Arbie is president and was the one who had been notified of date & time – well we got there a day late – we had lots of fun over it. That afternoon we took Uncle Ewin over to Thoburn’s & he looked over the job (& started to work over there Friday)

Thoburn talked like my trouble could be right serious if I didn’t correct it right now. I told him I wanted him to be brutally honest with me & tell me if he thought I was just being crazy about letting the neighborhood children worry me. He said certainly not. He said he considered himself a modern doctor but an old fashioned father in many ways. He said his two boys (even if they were his) didn’t make a third the noice his nephew made at half their age. But that he guessed he had that to profit from & to make him more determined that his wouldn’t be that way. Mary has the same idea that I have also about how children should behave in the house – and it isn’t just ideas either – it works.

Monday

At this point yesterday I had to quit & take Papa to McKenzie to Thoburn’s office. He cut his (2 fingers) in the gin saws Thursday & it got infected. He didn’t sleep much Sat night. It was very much better after Thoburn worked on it. It was dinner when we got back.

Loudelia came fro me in the afternoon and I am going to be here until late this aft. She is teaching all day today of course. Paris is beginning to look like Milan in the early stages of that project. They are almost finished at Milan now. Clifford got his job he has been working for. Loudelia is paying $20 for her room alone.

Mama & I went to Jackson Friday. We bought a few things. I got a sport dress & a hat (I don’t much like) We went grocery shopping also.

I am clipping a good write up from Commercial about W.W. and about Shell plant.

Cousin Maggie Fagg died & was buried at home Sat. aft. I didn’t go to the funeral.

If you go to the Series when will you go? Do you want me to come home to help get you off?

Papa bought 70,000 lbs of cotton Sat & has ginned about 200 lb. A year ago today he ginned the first of last season – 2 wks later it burned.

The Standards came the day I wrote you the card. I had expected each separately.

Loudelia has her plans already laid to come down by plane for a weekend this fall.

I never heard from the Sharps about our tickets not have I written about Luke’s stickets I expected to hear from them first. If anything has come there let me know.

I love you and miss you very much but as you well know I am not an ardent writer of lover letters.

Love

Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment