Tuesday, May 11, 2010

1-23-1941 Myldred to Mrs Orville Pace

1-23-1941 Myldred to Mrs Orville Pace

Envelope:

Mrs. Orville Pace

Cedartown, Georgia.

Back:

Postmark: 1-23-1941 Pikeville, TENN.

Dear Evelyn -

After so long a time I got your letter. I’m so sorry about the trouble you had. I know it must be terrible to go through all of that and have nothing to show for it. I’ve thought about you lots of times and wondered how you were and all about you.

Doc is still in the CCC Camp with headquarters at Crossville and I’m still teaching. I’m expecting him to leave for a year of active duty most anytime. I hope they won’t send him so far away. He has been here since before Christmas and that has been very nice.

Jack has already been drafted and has had his examination. He has a bad eye so he doesn’t know whether he will go soon or not. Mamma is worrying herself sick over it. I can’t remember whether I told you about Jack having such a terrible wreck or not. He has a terrible scar on his face but he is lucky to be alive.

I had a little note from Flo Christmas and she said she was going to U.T. this quarter – said she thought she could graduate in Jule. That is the first time I have heard from her in a long time.

Do you ever come to Chattanooga? I guess you go to Atlanta though instead of there. I’d like to see you some time. It has been such a long time. A lot has happened in that time too.

I’d like to meet your husband some time. You know I’ve never seen him. I know you enjoy keeping house. I’m just hoping that it won’t be long until I can have me a home. But if Doc leaves soon I don’t see any chance for it right now. I’m still staying at home. Doc stays at CCC Camps most of the time.

Do you ever hear anything from the Morgan family? What became of Bernard? I believe you told me Mrs. Morgan married. And Bernice too.

We have a new skating rink here and everybody is skating. Annie B. Pope has just come for me to go skate awhile.

Hope you are feeling all right now. Write me again sometime and I’ll try not to wait so long to answer next time. Thanks a lot for the Christmas card.

With love

Myldred

Wednesday afternoon

Jan. 22, 1941

1 comment:

  1. These letters are very interesting, thanks for sharing. I have a friend who still lives in McLemoresville and he is 101. I bet he would remember this family.

    ReplyDelete