Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2-1-1941 Virginia to Mrs Orville J Pace

2-1-1941 Virginia to Mrs Orville J Pace

Envelope:

Mrs. Orville J. Pace

409 Herbert St.

Cedartown, Ga.

Back:

Alpine Drive

Knoxville, Tenn.

Postmark: 2-1-1941 Knoxville, TENN.

Alpine Drive

Knoxville, Tenn

Jan 31, 1941

Dear Evelyn,

Got your lovely Christmas card and was shocked to death with your news. I’m so sorry, and believe me, I can certainly sympathize with you. We have another baby boy now, making Robert Julian 18 mo, & David 2 mo. But they’re sho one handful.

I’ve been intending to write & started to once and found I had lost your address. Are you working, or just keeping house. Cracks like that used to burn me up, as if to say keeping house was just loafing.

Bug is still up in Bridgeport, and I guess you know Mom is married and living in Michigan. She was down when David was born, the first one of my relations to see either baby. She stayed about two weeks, we certainly did enjoy seeing her.

I can’t remember just how long it’s been since we’ve seen you. I guess you know Bernie’s married & still living in N.Y.

Alice send pictures the other day of her children, you never recognize them, I didn’t, they’re so grown up. Charlie 7, & Morgan 5, both are in school now.

Do you ever come to Knoxville? If you should be sure and come to see us. We’d love to see you – Did I meet your husband, it seems to be I remember meeting some awfully nice fellow from Cedartown, but I don’t know whether he’s the lucky guy or not.

Evelyn, I hope you’ll excuse my letter writing, by nite I’m usually so tired I can’t write coherently, and that’s they only time I can write, so what to do about it.

My family isn’t a newsy family – I haven’t heard from Bug in ages. Not even a Christmas thank you note and the same with Alice, I enjoy getting letters so much that even tho I’m awfully busy I’ll squeeze in an evening now & then just for letter writing.

I hope you’ll write and let us know how you are.

Love

Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment